WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW.
Bedford-Union Armory has served multiple purposes throughout its years. After its construction from 1891-1895, the National Guard Cavalry Unit used the armory in 1903. The space was even used as storage for military tanks after WWI.
There is currently a proposal to create a public recreational space in the armory. BK TV sat with Bertha Lewis, Founder and President of The Black Institute, as well as Geoffrey Davis, an elected district leader for the 43rd Assembly District and head of the James E. Davis Stop the Violence Foundation, to hear the ideas for the potential use of the vacant space.
Leave a Reply